Sunday, October 7, 2012

green grass of ellensburg

lush lawn being sprinkler-ed in the evening sun.
Ellensburg lawn watered contently while fires scatter through Eastern Wa.
Weird bounty in the desert.
like the place my dad lived in phoenix - a gated community with a nature preserve across the road (featuring lizards, road runners and cacti) yet in the complex where he lived (with loads of other out of towners working the corporate junket) was all pools and ponds and lush grass and water running through places it shouldn't be-
i would think that creating lush oasis in desert lands would be what my art teacher used to refer to me when he saw me painting with my hands- half ass backward.
well i will admit it will society? is it an intricate part of our make up to be half ass backward?

No comments:

Post a Comment